Underrated Movies Perfect for Your Movie Night Are you feeling bored? You don't know what to do tonight and you think you've already seen all the movies that are worth watching? Maybe you just need to pick a movie to watch with your friends and you have no idea what to choose. Well, my friend, I have a few suggestions for you; films that I'm sure not everyone has seen already and that, even if you have, might deserve a rewatch.
Introduction

Are you feeling bored? You don't know what to do tonight and you think you've already seen all the movies that are worth watching? 


Maybe you just need to pick a movie to watch with your friends and you have no idea what to choose. 

Well, my friend, I have a few suggestions for you; films that I'm sure not everyone has seen already and that, even if you have, might deserve a rewatch.



The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

I watched this movie the first time when I was just a kid and it honestly felt like watching The Avengers. 


Basically, you have a group of people, some of which have superpowers, that has to fight a bunch of bad guys, but, for example, instead of Bruce Banner that transforms in The Hulk, you get Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. 

I didn't even know most of the characters when I first watched this movie, but I simply loved it. I saw it again on television recently and found it still pretty good, after more than 10 years. 

One thing to say is that I discovered that the movie is based on a comic written by Alan Moore and drawn by Kevin O'Neil, I checked it out and I was pretty disappointed in finding just how much was left out of the source material; the whole thing had so much potential, but they decided to just make a 110 minutes film with it. 

If you are bored and don't know what to watch, I would suggest The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; it doesn't get much talk, but, in my opinion, it's definitely a great movie.

Van Helsing

I saw this on TV only a few years ago and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed watching it. 

Image
If you are just looking for something fun to watch, this movie is perfect for you: it has Hugh Jackman, starring as Van Helsing, Dracula, the best werewolves I have honestly ever seen in a film, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Dr. Victor Frankenstein and his creature. 

It probably looks more like a video game disguised as a film and it's a bit long, but I didn't find it boring at all. I was just disappointed Hugh Jackman didn't turn into a were wolverine...sorry, that was terrible.

You Don't Mess with The Zohan

A few years ago somebody suggest this movie to me, they told me to watch it without even saying what it was about. I have never been a huge fan of films with Adam Sandler, I don't mind watching one if I have nothing else to do and they are showing it on TV and I am probably goign to laugh throughout it, but I don't actively look for them. 

Image
I absolutely loved You Don't Mess with The Zohan, I don't care what anybody says about this movie, it's possibly one of the best things you could watch with your friends. Slapstick comedy is not really my favourite, but this film cracks me up every time I see it. A similar movie that you should definitely check out is "The Dictator" with Sacha Baron Cohen.

I find myself quoting these movies with my friends to this day, that's how much I loved them.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

I was looking for a trashy movie to watch with my friends, something not too demanding that didn't require too much attention and I saw this title. 

Image

I went in expecting to see the President of the United States of America hunting down blood-sucking creatures of the night and that's exactly what I got. The movie does take itself a bit too seriously if you ask me, but it was a lot of fun to watch, I honestly didn't expect it to be that good. 

On a similar note, you should also watch Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies, if you liked this one: the title already says it all, you are going to get exactly what it implies.

Hardcore Henry

I watched this movie relatively recently, I had never heard of it before, but I am so glad I got to see it. 

Image

Hardcore Henry is an action-packed, ultra-violent movie told from the first-person point of view.

It reminded me of a first-person shooter, a type of game I used to love when I was a kid and that I still play from time to time with my friends. The movie leaves little to no time for explanations, every time the scene turns quiet and still, you already know something is coming, the bad guys are going to break in and everyone is going to start shooting again. 

I went in not knowing what this movie was about and I absolutely loved it. 

I would definitely suggest watching it if you are into action movies and video games, it doesn't require too much attention, if you are just looking for something that isn't particularly demanding to watch with your friends, but you'll probably find yourself immersed into the movie thanks to how well the first-person perspective is executed.


The Babadook

The Babadook is not just a gay icon, it's a great movie that came out just a few years ago. I originally didn't intend to watch it at all, I'm not a huge fan of scary movies, but I felt like going to the cinema and there was not much else. I was plesantly surprised by this movie, despite going in with a hostile attitude. 

Image

I was ready to criticize any minor detail...but I liked it. I proposed the movie a few months later to my friends, we watched it and we enjoyed it. 

Even if you don't like horror movies, you have to admit that watching them with your friends it's a totally different experience: you can watch something you don't like it and laugh about it; you can find something too scary, but end up pulling through anyway. 

I don't know a lot of people who have watched The Babadook, but, the ones who have, told me that they found it a good movie and I definitely agree with them.
Axact

Axact

Vestibulum bibendum felis sit amet dolor auctor molestie. In dignissim eget nibh id dapibus. Fusce et suscipit orci. Aliquam sit amet urna lorem. Duis eu imperdiet nunc, non imperdiet libero.

Post A Comment: